Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dunedin - chocolate & beer

Today we toured the city of Dunedin with Louise acting as our tour guide. She has been an exchange student here since February. We visited the University of Otago, her flat, the local museum, the Cadbury chocolate factory, and a local brewery - Speight's.  Have you seen the barking dog and sheep singing Happy Birthday on YouTube?  That is a Speight's commercial.  We also hiked up Baldwin Street, the steepest street in the world.    That is Louise and me next the to an old Cadbury delivery truck.

This morning I had my first travel boo-boo.  I managed to plug my hair dryer and converter into an outlet that couldn't handle it. I blacked out not only my own room but the Vasher's room as well. Smoke and sparks were involved. Where's a good electrician when you need one?!? The owner was very nice about it and had things working by the time we got back at the end of the day.

At dinner we all were impressed with Liz's skewer of prawns.  We also enjoyed green shelled mussels -- a unique seafood from New Zealand.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You have already left your 'mark' in NZ...glad you are making wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete